Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bonus Art: the Calico



Issue 2 made mention that the newly christened Calico would be repainted, ostensibly so it won't look like the same ship. Anyway here's a sneak peek at what it'll ultimately look like, in color no less! This was pretty much the design I had planned from the beginning largely because I like the Flying Tigers-style shark mouth design even though it probably looks more like Banzai Bill.
Other news, if you're going to be in the Alberta neighborhood I'll be at Virgina Paine's Popup shop so stop on by. Also, in case you haven't heard Dylan Williams of Sparkplug Books has been having some health issues. If you'd like to help, buying comics directly from Sparkplug will actually really help him pay his medical bills, you can read more about this here.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, I wasn't really expecting it to look anything like that. But with the pilot it totally fits!

    Can't wait for issue 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think so, eh? I guess maybe it does, but I admit I was just trying to come up with something that looks cool.
    Just out of morbid curiosity what were you expecting?

    I can't wait for issue 3 either!

    ReplyDelete